Lifesteal is still a much sought after enchant even in The burning Crusade, farming this rare enchant as a level 70 is both easy and profitable.
Lifesteal drops in Scholomance and is dropped by the Spectral Researchers. These guys are dispatched of with easy and have a fairly decent drop rate.
Since patch 2.4 the drop rate of this enchanting recipe increased slightly, but nevertheless these recipies can go for between 50 - 400g depending on your server!
THis enchant is still highly sought after by many players for their Twink characters, enchantments on these can make a huge diference to winning or losing Warsong Gulch!
Introduction To WoW Gold Guide
Over the next few months I am hoping to build up a whole host of articles dedicated to the art of making gold In WoW quickly and easily!
Thursday, 24 July 2008
Lifesteal is still a much sought after enchant even in The burning Crusade, farming this rare enchant as a level 70 is both easy and profitable.
Monday, 30 June 2008
The Flask of Chromatic Wonder Recipe is one of the Gold makers easiest money making tools. The recipe itself is actually found on vendor Apprentice Darius just outside Karazhan. He sells teh recipe for 4G, quite expensive, but it has been found that on many servers the flask of chromatic wonder recipe can sell on the auction house for as much as 150g
Now such an easy way to make gold will most likely not last for long, it is expected that Blizzard will make the recipe Bind on Pickup ina future patch, until that time however buy these babies up, get them on the auction house and sell sell sell, while you may not get 150g its not unreaonable to expect you might get a lot more than the 4g you intially paid for the recipe!
Tuesday, 17 June 2008
Fel Iron is one of the more common ores found in the outlands and has become a staple way of making money with mining in World of Warcraft the Burning Crusade.
However with the release of the Brilliant Glass technique for Jewel Crafters, miners suddenly have found the price of fel iron sky rocketing.
The reason is simple, when patch 2.4.2 came out Brilliant Glass gave you gems worth nearly 2 x the price of fel iron from the cost of the mats. People were simply going to the AH, buying it all the fel iron and then after running it through brilliant glass making a lot of easy gold.
However now things have stabilised, but in doing so they have increased the value of Fel Iron by an insane amount, meaning that with a little bit of effort grinding you can make a lot of gold simply by mining fel iron.
So for those of you saving up for a flying mount, wanting to buy some expensive mats of teh auction house or simply buying flasks to raid, Mining Fel Iron is a great way of helping you get the gold you need ot be the player you want.
Tuesday, 10 June 2008
Since the release of Sunwell Isle Netherweave has dropped significantly in price, one of the old good earners now tends to go for between 1g and 2g a stack when it used to go for between 3g and 5g!
Fortunately for those who loved to grind humanoids there is hope. Runecloth still tends to be quite expensive, if not more so tan it was before, and it aint half easy to get either!
Great Runecloth grinding places include the Humanoid mobs in Hellfire Peninsula, the blood elves that have appeared in Azshara and the Humanoids in Eastern Plaguelands.
While Runecloth may go for similar prices to netherweave now it is one hell of a lot easier to grind!
Monday, 26 May 2008
For those of us who have done the ardious task of getting the gold together for an epc flying mount you may find yourself grinding for hours upon hours.
I too did this for the first 2000 gold before I finally found this guide. Luke, the writer of this book, spent a huge amount of time shadowing the best players to find out exactly how they got their Gold in World of Warcraft.
After months of work he cracked it all and realeased information on how to make 200g an hour Easily.
Using this guide you can quickly make enough gold to cover all your raiding and levelling expenses, not to mention day to day armour and weapon upgrade costs.
Even better he keeps the guide updated for each patch and has included a ticketing system for his members, so if you ever have any questions help is only a click away!
YOu can find more information on the best gold guide Here
Monday, 19 May 2008
In Patch 2.4.2 we saw a whole host of new additions to World of Warcraft, the most important for Jewelcrafters was that of Brilliant Glass. Brilliant Glass is a technique which consumes 3 of each of several Common Gems that can be found by Prospecting or Cheaply off the Auction House.
Brilliant Glass is basically converting these common gems into a superior quality gem, for the most part you will get blues, but every so often you will receive an Epic Quality Gem. These Epic Gems can go from anything from 400g to 1000g depending on your server.
The Brilliant Glass skill is limited to once a day, but should be used every day! You can make a lot of gold with this technique, you will be missing out on making a huge amount of money with this very quick very simple spell if you are not careful!
This is a time when Jewelcrafting will finally bring in some fantastic amounts of gold, dont mis out!
Sunday, 18 May 2008
I have blogged about Void Shatter to Make Gold before but in Patch 2.4.2 Blizzard made a significant change. Infact what they most significantly did was remove the 24 hour cooldown. Now you cant make this untill you are 375, and the Runed Eternium Rod is still massively expensive, but with this change it is much more likely that you can make a decent amount of gold from Void Shatter!
There is a downside for all you world of warcraft money makers however. Now that Void Shatter no longer has a cooldown it price on the auction house will drop dramatically since lots of guilds have hundreds to thousands of void crystals saved!
Wednesday, 7 May 2008
Alchemy and Herbalism is a great way to make Gold. When you hit 375 Alchemy though you get an important choice to make. Which Alchemy Mastery should I take?
Now for anybody in a raiding guild it is usually a good idea to ask the guild what it needs. For those not in a guild however there is complete freedom in choosing your alchemy spec.
An Alchemy Specialisation basically gives around 20% more than you would get without it in an area. Therefore if you are making gold you should base your decision on what you actually sell!
If you sell a lot of Super Mana Potions on the auction house Then Potions Mastery is the obvious choice.
If Elixers are your best gold earners then Take elixer Mastery.
I would not however take Transmute Mastery (From Experience) While its nice to get the occasional 2 for 1 Primal mights the fact you can only do this once a day devalues this talent considerably conpared to flasks or potions, of which there is no limit.
When I first went for a mastery I took Transmute Mastery, I spent a lot of gold getting the primal mights I required, when I could have got the potions for its respective mastery at a greatly reduced cost, and then it took me a week to get my first primal might proc. Needless to say I was not impressed.
In my opinion Potion Mastery is the best for making Gold, Simply because what you make is in high demand, and the mats are fairly cheap. Elixer mastery is also pretty good, though Falls over a bit because many Raiding Guilds use Flasks Rather than Elixers, (Healers being the exception for Elixer of Healing Power).
Friday, 2 May 2008
The question of which Daily Quest is the most effective for making gold is quite possibly one of the most searched for problems on World of Warcraft.
The truth is there is no simple answer, it requires you to know what you can do and how fast you can do it.
Take a holy priest for instance. The Best Daily Quests for a holy priest do not involve fighting, the bombing runs and travelling quests are probably more effective for gold per hour.
For most other classes however choosing you're quests is a matter of prefrence, there are however things you should look out for.
Try and merge quests, if one quest wants you to kill things and the other wants you to visit something in the same area do them both at the same time!
Do quests that require you to kill things, that way you get mob loot as well as the quest reward
Team up with other players, a group of two players is easily equal to three seperate players.
Location, Location, Location - Quests that are closer together mean less travelling time (Hence why I love Sunwell Isle so much!
Keep these key points in mind and you should be making gold in the hundreds in a matter of hours :)
Tuesday, 29 April 2008
Since Patch 2.4 was released there has een a huge influx in daily quests, most of them easy to do and all of them giving a lot of Gold. The Shattered Sun Offensive Daily Quests are by far the best daily quests for making gold quickly.
Like many players I tend to do as many daily quests as possible in my free time to get as much gold as possible out of them, after all 10G for 5 minutes work isn't bad!
I did however have trouble finding a complete list of the dailies, so here they are, the entire Patch 2.4 Daily Quest List!
Shattered Sun Offensive Phase One
- Gaining the Advantage
- Sunfury attack plans
- The Sanctum Wards
- Blast the Gateway
- Erratic Behavior
- Blood for Blood
- The multi-whatever something-or-nother survey
Shattered Sun Offensive Phase Two
- Arm the Wards!
- Further Conversions
- Distraction at the Dead Scar
- The Battle of the Sun's Reach Armory
Shattered Sun Offensive Phase Three
- The Airstrikes Must Continue
- The Battle Must Go On
- Intercepting the Reinforcements
- Taking the Harbor
- Making Ready
- Don't Stop Now
Shattered Sun Offensive Four
- Keeping the Enemy At Bay
- Crush the Dawnblade
- Rediscovering your Roots
- Discovering your Roots
- Open for Business
- Disrupt the Greengill Coast
- A Charitable Donation
- Your Continued Support
New Daily PVP Quests
Reputation Shattered Sun Quests
Friday, 25 April 2008
Unfortunately most ways to make Gold in WoW involve a certain level of repetitive grinding. While grinding for Aldor and Scryer rep items to sell on the auction house is no different it does have the added benefit of getting you netherweave cloth, gold and the occasional green and blue rare items.
Aldor and Scryer reputation items are always worth a large amount of gold, but their prices do fluctuate rapidly. Keep a keen eye on the auction house for the best time to sell and you can sometimes get upto double the amount of gold you would have done otherwise.
Scryer rep items can be found in areas like the Manaforges in Netherstorm, Aldor Rep items seem to have the highest drop rate at Deaths Door in the Blades Edge Mountains. These are just one of many areas where you can get these, The general rule of thumb is Blood Elves drop Scryer Rep Items such as Arcane Tomes and Demons drop Aldor Items such as Fel Armanants and Marks of Saragas.
Wednesday, 23 April 2008
This may seem another obvious thing, but for any enchanters out there, anything green or above, Disenchant it! Disenchanting Items can provide huge amounts of gold, and the best thing is that since disenchanting is bundled with enchanting you don't need to waste a trade skill like you do with herbalism and mining.
You may find enchanting materials can make huge amounts of gold in WoW, like Dream Dust and Vision dust sell which extremely well. When you hit the outlands Arcane dust, Greater Planer Essence and Large Prismatic Shards are also worth quite a nice sum.
You will find Large Prismatic Shards are the best money makers and come from blue instance items in the outlands. The best place to grind these is in some of the higher end instances in the Outlands, to do this you will need a group, and share the Large Prismatic Shards, but on the plus side on the easier instances you can get through them quite quickly and Large Prismatic Shards do sell for a lot of gold, even after the introduction of Void Shatter in Patch 2.4 which has a 24 hour cooldown.
Ontop of these though there are many different kinds of enchanting materials that sell for a lot of gold in WoW, making disenchanting a very profitable way to make money on the auction house!
Wednesday, 16 April 2008
Copper is one of the easiest to find minerals in World of Warcraft and yet even with the Burning Crusade it can sell for more than enough on the Auction House. It may seem a bit obvious to point out but a lot of people don't realise exactly how much can be made. With a swift mount and the +10% riding crop increase you can speed around the copper spawn points, and an addon like gatherer will greatly speed your grinding to up your gold.
I would definately suggest any miner to spend a bit of time grinding copper to get easy gold in WoW!
Tuesday, 15 April 2008
Daily quests were first just a novelty, hten an easy way to make a little gold. Now however simply going over to Sunwell Isle can net around 200g in an hour (including netherweave and green drops) with an easy 100g of that from the new sunwell isle daily quests.
Match that with the fishing daily quests giving out huge amounts of gold and suddenly you can see yourself becoming very rich very quickly in WoW. The amount of money you can make from daily quests varies between 7g and 12g normally , with a 10g average value. This means with the 25 daily quests you are allowed to do each day you get a base amount of 250g plus any money you make from drops and so on. The amount of gold from drops is usually around equal to that you get from the quest itself.
The best part is you don't have to spend much to do these quests, at most the odd repair bill, and there is next to no risk compared to the relatively high risks of buying the auctionhouse.
Tuesday, 8 April 2008
Fishing in World of Warcraft never used to be that profitable, sure after enough work and by getting your cooking upto par you could make some pretty nice things like Golden Fish Sticks, with +44 healing and +20 spirit being a nice bonus for any healer. But the days of grinding would make the auctionhouse seem so much more appealing, and other options gave much more gold compared to fishing.
In patch 2.4 however it seems like fishing may be making a comeback as a way to make gold in WoW. First off there are now four new fishing dailys, with fantastic rewards, be it a grey item worth 10-15 gold, a ring worth 500 gold or just a potion that lets you walk on water for ten minutes, you would not be disappointed.
There is a huge array of gray items that can be found int hese reward bags, again, worth 10 to 15 g each. Of course then there are the whites, a lot of these go for a lot on the Auction house and can be a great edition to any bank character, monacles, silver cufflinks and the like are fantastic pieces, not to mention the golden wedding band for those role players. Then there are blues and even an epic ring, the 2 ring, which has +22 of every stat. All in all combined with the value of fish themselves fishing is looking to be one hell of a profitable way to make gold in World of Warcraft!
Sunday, 6 April 2008
There have been some major changes to The Enchant Void Shatter. THere is no longer any Cooldown!
You can find more details on the Void Shatter No Longer Requires A Cooldown! Page.
With the coming of Patch 2.4 there have been a lot of changes in the WoW economy, the most significant eing the availaility of netherweave, auction house prices of Netherweave cCLoth have dropped on nearly all servers.
Along with the new patch however there did come a nice addition to the Enchanting profession, giving them a great way to get some extra gold in. They received vendor selling enchant called Void Shatter. Void shatter basically splits a Void crytal into two large primsatic shards, and can be used once every 23 hours. The downside is that to use this you need a Runed Eternium Rod.
Now taking into consideration a runed eternum rod will set you back between 500 to 600 gold you may question wether or not this will infact be worth the hassle. Infact on most servers it will take you around 40-70 days to make your money back. Now this is a very simplistic view, most top end enchants need this rod, and people will pay a lot of gold to have yo do them, so you may need to make one anyway.
If you do have the runed eternium rod already then getting void shatter is a no brainer. You can get Void Crystals dirt cheep, split them and sell Large prismatics at around 30g a piece, making you around 20g profit in a matter of minutes, equivelant to two dailys!
Wednesday, 26 March 2008
Here are the full patch notes for World of Warcraft Patch 2.4, im off to go play now, enjoy!
Fury of the Sunwell
- The glorious fount of arcane energy known as the Sunwell empowered the high elves for millennia, until the death knight Arthas laid siege to the elven kingdom and corrupted its sacred energies. Seeing no other alternative, a band of survivors led by Prince Kael’thas destroyed the ancient fount. Over time the surviving elves fell pray to a crippling magical withdrawal.
Now, promising salvation for his people, Kael’thas has returned. Soon the Sunwell will shine once again, but whether the sacred fount will usher in deliverance or destruction remains to be seen.
In Memoriam: Gary Gygax
- Blizzard Entertainment would like to dedicate the patch in memory of Gary Gygax. His work on D&D was an inspiration to us in many ways and helped spark our passion for creating games of our own. As avid D&D players and fellow game developers, we were all saddened by the news of his passing; we feel we’ve lost a true adventuring companion. Thanks for everything and farewell, Gary. You will be missed.
Combat Log Improvements
- The combat log has undergone improvements that allow more robust combat text filtering including the ability to define custom colors for enemies and friends, as well as combat text filtering for self and others.
Global Arena Tournament
- Players will be able to create level-70 characters with epic equipment and compete on special tournament realms in a new global arena tournament. For more information, details and entry requirements, please visit the official tournament pages.
- The Sunwell Isle is now available for play. This area includes a new quest hub and 5 and 25-player instances.
- The combined forces of Shattrath have launched an attack on the Isle of Quel’Danas, to confront Kael’thas and the Legion at the Sunwell and surrounding areas. Players will now be able to gain reputation with the Shattered Sun Offensive and participate in a new set of daily quests.
- A representative of the Keepers of Time has been spotted at the World’s End Tavern in Shattrath. Players in good standing with the faction will be granted ease of passage to the Caverns of Time.
- Characters will now retain talented spell ranks so when they retalent they do not have to relearn the spells from trainers.
- Spell Haste: Spell haste now reduces the global cooldown on spells, down to a minimum of 1 second. This change does not apply to melee and ranged abilities.
- Item Cast Spells: Many spells cast by items were being cast as if the caster were the same level as the item. Most of those will now be cast at the player’s level, giving them a reasonable chance to miss, be dispelled, or be resisted.
- Resilience: Now reduces the magnitude of mana draining effects by the same amount that it reduces critical strike damage. The Tooltip has been revised to reflect this.
- Spirit-Based Mana Regeneration: This system has been adjusted so that as your intellect rises, you will regenerate more mana per point of spirit.
- Weapon Skill: Points will be gained faster in weapon skills for levels 1 through 59.
- The Daily Quest limit has been increased to 25.
- Non-self % based haste spells will no longer stack with each other.
- Find Treasure: This ability no longer deactivates upon death.
- Cyclone range is now 20 yards, down from 30.
- Empowered Rejuvenation: This talent now properly affects the final heal from Lifebloom.
- Gift of Nature: This talent now properly affects the healing from Tranquility.
- Insect Swarm: Casting lower ranks of this spell is now properly penalized like other healing and damage effects.
- Lacerate: This ability now deals additional damage based on the attack power of the Druid.
- Lifebloom: The bonus coefficient on the final bloom effect has been reduced by 20%. This spell will no longer cause error messages when interacting with Spellsteal or while the Druid is under the effects of Mind Control.
- Mangle (Bear) now properly triggers a 1.5 second global cooldown, increased from 1.0 second.
- Many shapeshift form tooltips have been updated to be consistent with each other.
- Natural Perfection: This ability will no longer be triggered by taking critical strikes while sitting. In addition, it is now affected by the Subtlety talent and reduces damage by 2/3/4%, down from 1/3/5%.
- Nurturing Instinct increases your healing spells by up to 50/100% of your Agility, and increases healing done to you by 10/20% while in Cat form.
- Regrowth: The mana cost of this spell has been reduced by approximately 20%.
- When a Druid in cat form casts Pounce it will now properly animate.
- Equipping a thrown weapon while in the middle of an Auto-Shot will no longer cause animation issues.
- Casting Flare while in any way not visible, will no longer cause your flare to be invisible to other players.
- Hunter’s Mark: Hunters with Improved Hunter’s Mark will now properly overwrite Hunter’s Mark cast by Hunters without the talent.
- Improved Mend Pet now has a 25/50 chance to remove one Curse, Disease, Magic, or Poison effect, up from 15/50%.
- The stamina tooltip for hunter pets will now display the proper health increase.
- Track spells will now persist after death.
- Hunters will no longer spin around if they cast Aimed Shot or Steady Shot while facing away from their target.
- Arcane Explosion: The damage cap for area of effect damage on this spell has been increased by approximately 50%.
- Arcane Fortitude now increases your armor by an amount equal to 100% of your Intellect, up from 50%.
- Blink, Slow, and Spellsteal have all had their mana cost reduced.
- Improved Blink: This talent no longer reduces the mana cost of Blink. Instead, it increases the chance for all attacks to miss the Mage by 25% for 2/4 sec after Blink is cast.
- Using low ranks of Fire Ward and Frost Ward spell will now be penalized the same way healing spells are penalized.
- Frostbite: When a frost spell is reflected back at a Mage, it is now possible for the Mage to suffer from the Frostbite effect.
- Ice Barrier: Using low ranks of this spell will now be penalized the same way healing spells are penalized.
- Icy Veins no longer increases the chance your chilling effects will Freeze the target, but now increases the chance to avoid interruption caused by damage while casting any spell by 100% while active.
- Improved FireWard has become Molten Shields.
- Mana Shield: This spell will now get a percentage of the Mage’s bonus to spell damage as an additional effect.
- New Talent: Molten Shields will cause your Fire Ward to have a 10/20% chance to reflect Fire spells while active. In addition, your Molten Armor has a 50/100% chance to affect ranged and spell attacks.
- Permafrost: This talent will now correctly increase the movement slowing effect of frost Armor instead of the attack speed slowing effect.
- Spellsteal will no longer overwrite a longer duration buff.
- Avenger’s Shield, Holy Shield and Holy Shock: Casting lower ranks of these spells is now properly penalized like other healing and damage effects.
- Avenger’s Shield: This ability will no longer jump to secondary targets which are under the effect of crowd-control spells that break on taking damage. I.e. Polymorph, Sap, etc.
- Crusader Strike: This ability will no longer refresh the Healing Way buff from the Shaman talent.
- Illumination: The mana energize from this talent no longer has a chance to set off other triggered effects.
- Holy Shock: The healing, damage, and mana cost of this spell have all been increased.
- Judgment of the Crusader: It is no longer possible to have icons for two different ranks of Judgment of the Crusader appear at the same time when judged by multiple Paladins.
- Judgment of Wisdom: Some abilities (such as Frostbolt) were not triggering the mana energize effect from this spell. This has now been fixed.
- Resistance Auras: It is no longer possible for two Paladins in the same party to make it appear that players have two of the same resistance aura active.
- Righteous Defense: This spell will now always be castable on friendly npcs.
- Seal of Blood: This ability will no longer cause spell pushback for the Paladin with this seal active.
- Sense Undead- Now persists after death.
- Turn Undead(Rank 3):This spell has been reworked and has been renamed to “Turn Evil”. It will now work on Demons in addition to Undead. Turn Evil is subject to diminishing returns, and lasts 10 seconds in PvP.
- Chastise no longer disorients the target, but now is instant cast and roots the target for 2 seconds.
- Fear Ward is now usable while in Shadow form.
- Focused Will now reduces damage by 2/3/4%, up from 1/3/5%.
- Inner Focus: Chastise now benefits from Inner Focus. In addition, Starshards no longer consumes Inner Focus.
- Mass Dispel now affects a maximum of 10 targets, increased from 5.
- Power Infusion: Infuses the target with power, increasing their spell haste by 20% and reducing the mana cost of all spells by 20%. Lasts for 15 seconds.This will not stack with other haste effects, such as Heroism, Bloodlust, or Icy Veins.
- Power Word: Shield: Using low ranks of this spell will now be penalized the same way healing spells are penalized.
- Prayer of Mending: This spell will now fade from players who leave or enter an instance, change continents, or exit the game.
- Reflective Shield: The reflective damage from this talent no longer breaks crowd control effects which break on taking damage.
- Shadowguard: No longer consumes the charge of Inner Focus when triggered.
- Silent Resolve:This talent now affects Surge of Light, Power Infusion, Inspiration, Spirit Tap, Blackout, Levitate, Shackle Undead, Touch of Weakness, Hex of Weakness, and Symbol of Hope.
- Touch of Weakness: No longer consumes the charge of Inner Focus when triggered.It will also function properly even when the Priest with Touch of Weakness on is silenced or stunned.
- Vampiric Touch: Casting lower ranks of this spell is now properly penalized like other healing and damage effects.
- Abilities that can be used while stealthed, without breaking stealth, can now be cast without breaking Vanish when used at the same time.
- Cheat Death: A combat log message will now show when this ability activates and now has an animation.. It will now almost always be accurate in displaying the amount of damage done to a rogue when under the effects of Cheat Death.
- Improved Backstab is now called Puncturing Wounds.
- Puncturing Wounds increases your critical strike chance with Backstab by 10/20/30%, and the critical strike chance with your Mutilate ability by 5/10/15%.
- Improved Sprint: This ability will now always remove Entangling Roots.
- Sap mechanic changed from “Incapacitate” to “Sap”. This will allow more humanoids that were previously immune to Sap to be vulnerable to Sap, but still immune to Gouge. Note that anything that removed Sap previously will still remove Sap after the change.
- Vanish: This ability will no longer sometimes cause the UI to display Shadowmeld as active when it has been cancelled.
- Call of Thunder: (Rank 5) now gives 5% critical strike chance, down from 6%.
- Earth Shield: Mana cost reduced roughly in half, and charges reduced from 10 to 6.
- Elemental Focus: This buff will no longer be removed when Shamanistic Focus is triggered.
- Flametongue Weapon: Having different ranks of this enchantment cast on two different weapons will no longer cause the enchantments to trigger multiple times per swing.
- Ghost Wolf: Cast time reduced to 2 seconds, down from 3.
- The Global Cooldown of all Totems has been reduced to 1 seconds, down from 1.5 seconds.
- Healing Grace: This talent now reduces the chance your spells will be dispelled by 10/20/30%.The resistance to being dispelled modifier from this talent now applies correctly to Water Breathing.
- Rockbiter Weapon: Tooltip and error messages have been adjusted slightly.
- Shamanistic Rage is now a Physical ability instead of a Magic spell, and thus is no longer dispellable. It now reduces all damage taken by 30% and gives your successful melee attacks a chance to regenerate mana equal to 30% of your attack power. This lasts for 15 seconds with a 2 minute cooldown.
- Stormstrike has a new icon.
- Totem timer icons will now show up under your player portrait when you cast totem spells. Right-clicking a totem timer icon will destroy that totem.
- Toughness will now also reduce the duration of movement slowing effects on you by 10/20/30/40/50%.
- Tremor Totem now pulses every 3 seconds, down from 4 seconds.
- The Shaman spell Fire Nova Totem will no longer sometimes detonate without doing any damage.
- Blood Pact now has a tooltip.
- Demonic Knowledge: This buff will no longer remain on enslaved demons when Enslave Demon is removed. It will now increase your spell damage by an amount equal to 4/8/12%, down from 5/10/15%.
- Demonic Sacrifice: Now works properly in sanctuary regions (such as Shattrath City and the Stair of Destiny).
- Emberstorm now also reduces the cast time of your incinerate spell by 2/4/6/8/10%.
- Nether Protection: The buff from this talent will no longer interrupt capturing PvP flags and bases.
- Pyroclasm: This talent now works correctly again with Rain of Fire.
- Ritual of Summoning can be used to summon players into instances if they meet the instance requirements.
- Sense Demon now persists after death.
- Shadow Ward: Using low ranks of this spell will now be penalized the same way healing spells are penalized.
- Cleave: This ability will no longer strike any secondary target which is under the effect of crowd-control spells that break on taking damage. i.e. Polymorph, Sap, etc.
- Endless Rage will now give the correct amount of rage as intended from damage dealt by a Warrior.
- Improved Hamstring (Arms) effect is now subject to diminishing returns when used in PvP.
- Stances: It is no longer possible to accidentally change into a stance you are already in via macros (resulting in a global cooldown and loss of rage).
- Whirlwind: Critical strikes with the off-hand weapon from this ability can now trigger Flurry and Rampage.
- Flurry will properly refresh if a crit occurs with 1 charge left.
- Diminishing returns on honor for kills is being eliminated.
- Honor will now be instantly calculated, and available for player use.
- Players that have the resurrection sickness debuff will be worth no honor.
- Added new PvP daily quests that send players to Halaa and the Spirit Towers of the Bone Wastes. These quests are available for Alliance and Horde at their respective local quest hubs.
- Personal Rating: The amount a player’s personal rating can climb above his or her team’s rating is now limited.
- The benefits of drinking out of combat have been delayed while in the Arena. It will now take four seconds before the full benefit of the mana regeneration will come into effect.
- Queue times for arena matches have been reduced. Players will now be able to enter matches faster than previously.
- Shadow Sight now increases damage taken by 5% rather than dealing damage over time. Duration has been reduced from 21 seconds to 15 seconds.
- Players feared outside of the Arena (through the world or outside the arena walls) will now be teleported back to the center of the arena map.
- If a player dies 50 times or more in a battleground, they will no longer be worth honor for the remainder of that battle.
- When you first enter a battleground, messages about other players joining the battleground will be linked together for the first minute. You will see a message in AV like "28 players joined" rather than a line for each player that joined. After the first minute, it will work as it always has. In addition, all of the messages about other players leaving the battleground and getting marks of honor once the battleground is complete have been removed.
- Battleground Rune Buffs:Speed, Restoration, and Berserking buffs received from battleground runes will no longer cause Stealth or Prowl to break.
- Alterac Valley
- Captain Balinda Stonehearth Stonehearth can no longer be interrupted, silenced, or have her spells slowed. In addition, her water elemental cannot be banished, and does increased damage.
- Vanndar Stormpike and Captain Balinda Stonehearth have had their health totals reduced to match the health totals of Drek’Thar and Captain Galvangar...
- Warmasters/marshals in Alterac Valley now increase each other’s maximum health and damage by 25%. This is a stacking effect.
- Horde players will now start the battle closer to Drek’Thar and Frostwolf Keep.
- There is now a Join as Party option.
- Warsong Gulch
- When both flags are held, the flag carriers will receive 50% increased damage done to them after approximately 10 minutes and 100% increased damage after approximately 15 minutes.
- Flag carriers can now be tracked 45 seconds after picking up the flag.
- Added several new tradeskill items to the new Sunwell Daily faction vendor:
- Enchanting recipe to shatter a Void Crystal into two Large Prismatic Shards.
- Enchanting recipe to increase Defense Rating by 15 for chest armor.
- Three jewelcrafting recipes to cut gems with spell haste from Dawnstones, Talasite, and noble Topaz.
- Two new meta gem recipes.
- Gift of Arthas now stacks to 20.
- Transmute Arcanite no longer has a cooldown.
- Broiled Bloodfin now increases resistances to all schools of magic instead of increasing Stamina and Spirit.
- New recipes, Charred Bear Kabobs and Juicy Bear Burgers, can be purchased from either Bale (Horde) or Malygen (Alliance) in Felwood. These recipes requires 250 skill to learn, and are created from meat found on level 48-56 bears. This will aid players in leveling up their cooking skill to 300 without fishing.
- Reduced the materials required for Enchant Shield – Resistance
- Gagsprocket in Ratchet now sells the plans for the Minor Recombobulator.
- Goblin Jumper Cables and Goblin Jumper Cables XL now display cooldown information in their tooltips.
- Removed the level requirement for the Craftsman's Monocle.
- The stun caused by engineering Bombs and Grenades is now considered an Incapacitate effect and uses the appropriate Incapacitate diminishing returns. Bomb and Grenades can now inflict damage to targets immune to Stun and Incapacitate effects.
- A new recipe has been added for Rocket Boots Xtreme Lite, a cloth version of the Rocket Boots Xtreme. This pattern drops from Mechano-Lord Capacitus.
- Rocket Boots Xtreme now have all their stat points allocated toward Attack Power, and will no longer have Stamina.
- Rocket Boots Xtreme and Rocket Boots Xtreme Lite will cause players to drop a PvP flag if used while carrying one. (Warsong Gulch, Eye of the Storm, and Zangarmarsh)
- New Fishing Daily Quests! Visit the mysterious old man fishing at Silmyr Lake outside of Shattrath City to discover what treasures he has to offer.
- Find Fish now correctly tracks Schools of Tastyfish and Muddy Churning Waters.
- Feltail fishing nodes have been changed to Brackish Mixed Schools; they now produce mostly Golden Darters and some Feltail.
- Removed the level requirement from the expert fishing book, The Bass and You.
- Ancient Lichen now has a chance to drop a Fel Lotus where it used to drop a piece of random green jewelry.
- Black Lotus replaced by Fel Lotus in herbalism skinning tables for Outland creatures.
- Increased the chance that Felweed, Dreaming Glory, Ragveil, and Flame Caps will contain a Fel Lotus.
- Warp Splinter can now be skinned with Herbalism in heroic difficulty.
- A new jewelcrafting recipe has been added to transform many green quality gems into a single random blue quality gem. This recipe is available from grandmaster jewelcrafting trainers.
- Shadow Oil will now fit into Leatherworking Bags.
- Increased the skill up potential for most smelting recipes.
- New Daily Dungeon quests for both the heroic and non-heroic five-person Magister's Terrace dungeon at the Sunwell.
- Players can now turn in one of each battleground mark for an honor reward. The questgivers for this turn-in are the Horde Warbringer and the Alliance Brigadier General and can be found near the battlemasters in the capital cities.
- Dungeon and Group Quest Experience: The amount of experience awarded for dungeon and 5-person group quests in Outland has been increased in almost all cases.
- The daily quest Escape from Skettis has had its reward tuned down.
- The number of elite Shadowsworn Drakonid patrollers on the Ata'mal Terrace has been cut in half. Most of the remainder have had their patrol paths lengthened.
- Increased the slots on Old Blanchy's Feed Pouch to 8.
- The Thunderspike no longer sparkles for Alliance characters, nor does it show up on the mini-map when Find Treasure is in use.
- "Zapper Fuel" is now flagged as a Sunken Temple dungeon quest.
Dungeons and Raids
- All 25-player raid bosses have had their cash drops increased!
- All 25- player raid bosses that drop set tokens will now drop an additional token!
- Badges of Justice have been added to all raid bosses who did not previously have them!
- Players will no longer require an attunement quest to enter Hyjal.
- Players will no longer require an attunement quest to enter the Black Temple.
- Players who have completed the attunement quests for Black Temple and Hyjal will be granted the title of “Hand of A’dal”.
- You may now fight Prince Kael’thas and Lady Vashj without first killing all the other bosses in their respective dungeons.
- The Unstable Cloud and Frost Breath spells are now treated properly as a movement impairing spells.
- Non-corporeal Undead and Mechanical creatures are now susceptible to bleed effects.
- Elemental creatures are no longer explicitly immune to poison and disease effects. Elementals with nature school immunities will still be immune to nature-based poisons, however.
- Gems obtained through Heroic difficulty instances are no longer Unique-equipped.
- Loot dropped by Doomlord Kazzak and Doomwalker has been changed to Bind on Equip. In addition, the cash dropped by these bosses has been significantly increased.
- Scale of the Sands reputation will now be awarded in Hyjal at a much higher rate.
- Caverns of Time: Heroic Black Morass
- Rift Keepers and Rift Lords now have reduced hit points.
- Caverns of Time: Mount Hyjal
- The Vials of Eternity quest is no longer necessary for entry to Hyjal. This quest is still required for faction rings.
- Azgalor's Rain of Fire now affects a smaller area.
- Caverns of Time: Old Hillsbrad
- The Human Illusion effect will now always be removed properly when a player leaves the instance.
- Durnholde Lookouts no longer spawn in the Heroic version of the instance. The placement of creatures around Durnholde Keep in Heroic mode is now identical to that of Normal mode.
- Hellfire Citadel: Magtheridon’s Lair
- Many gameplay elements of the encounters in Magtheridon’s Lair have been changed to decrease their overall complexity and difficulty.
- Players will no longer need the Master’s Key to enter Karazhan. The gates to Karazhan will still require the Master’s Key to be unlocked.
- Tempest Keep: The Eye
- The Vapor Clouds in the Kael'thas encounter are significantly easier to see.
- Void Reaver is now immune to Vindication again.
- Tempest Keep: The Mechanar
- The Mechanar: It is no longer possible to gain an additional Badge of Justice by bringing Cache of the Legion keys obtained in other copies of the instance.
- Jan’alai will now only teleport players to him if they are too far away.
- Players will now be able to purchase level 70 Superior quality PvP items from reputation vendors.
- Avatar Regalia: The two-piece bonus from this set will now be consumed by Vampiric Embrace as intended.
- Bloody Brass Knuckles, Eerie Stable Lantern, Baelog's Shortbow, and Snakeskin Bag have been upgraded to Superior items.
- Blue Suede Shoes can now be disenchanted.
- Crystalforge Raiment: The two-piece set bonus will now work properly. Additionally, the four piece bonus will now only work on the next Holy Light cast, as intended.
- Cyclone Regalia: Trade skills will no longer consume the Energized effect.
- Darkmoon Card: Madness: The buffs from this item will no longer interrupt casting and channeling.
- Deadman's Hand: This item's effect now works while the victim is sitting. In addition, its effect is now properly considered a root for purposes of being dispelled or removed.
- Deathwing Brood Cloak: These cloaks are now bound on equip instead of bound on pickup.
- Druid Balance PvP Sets: The bonus movement speed for Bear, Cat, and Travel Form has been removed and replaced with a new bonus to Wrath and Starfire.
- Druid Restoration PvP Sets: The bonus movement speed for Bear, Cat, and Travel Form has been removed and replaced with a new bonus to Regrowth.
- Discombobulator Ray: This item will again not work on mounted players.
- Frostfire Regalia: The resistance bonus from this set now works with the Burning Crusade ranks of Mage Armor.
- Gladiator's Leather Gloves: This arena bonus will now properly school lock enemies when the damage from Deadly Throw causes them to stop channeling.
- The Gladiator’s Thunderfist 4 piece set bonus has been reduced from 70% to 50%.
- Gnomish Mind Control Cap: Victims of the Gnomish Mind Control Cap will no longer get Forbearance when the mind control is terminated due to Blessing of Protection.
- Gnomish Poultryizer: This item will again not work on mounted players.
- Goblin Rocket Launcher: Creatures will no longer gain health while affected by the Stun from this item.
- Heavy Netherweave Bandage: It is no longer possible to have two players bandage the same target simultaneously using this item.
- Netherweave Bandage: It is no longer possible to have two players bandage the same target simultaneously using this item.
- Idol of the Crescent Goddess: The mana discount on Regrowth has been increased.
- Idol of Feral Shadows: The bonus damage to Rip has been increased.
- Idol of the Raven Goddess: The bonus healing, critical strike rating, and spell critical strike rating from this item have been increased. In addition, it no longer sometimes fails to apply the healing bonus.
- Idol of the Unseen Moon: The cooldown added in a previous patch has been removed.
- Idol of Ursoc: The bonus damage to Lacerate has been increased and the tooltip clarified to indicate it applies to both initial and periodic damage.
- Idol of the White Stag: Duration increased.
- Items intended for Retribution Paladins have had their stats adjusted. Retribution Paladins should see an increase in dps as a result.
- Jade Pendant of Blasting: This item no longer increases physical damage dealt.
- Justicar Raiment: The 2 piece bonus will now always give the correct amount of bonus healing to the Judgement Light effect.
- Libram of Absolute Truth: The Holy Light mana discount has been increased.
- Libram of Divine Purpose: The bonus damage on Seal and Judgment of Righteousness has been increased.
- Libram of Mending: The mana regeneration buff has had its duration increased. The name of the buff granted by this item changed to Grace of the Naaru to avoid having the same name as the Light’s Grace talent.
- Libram of Righteous Power: The bonus damage for Crusader Strike has been increased.
- Libram of Souls Redeemed: The bonus for Flash of Light has been decreased and the bonus for Holy Light has been increased.
- Libram of Wracking: This item now increases the damage on Holy Wrath and Exorcism instead of decreasing their mana cost.
- Nether Vortex are no longer Bind on Pickup and can now be purchased from G’eras for 15 Badges of Justice!
- Masquerade Gown: The spirit bonus from this item will now properly trigger all benefits from the Tree of Life talent.
- Mojo: A pvp-flagged player can no longer kiss Mojo and cause non-flagged players to become flagged.
- Moongraze Stag Tenderloin can now be consumed by hunter pets that eat meat.
- Noggenfogger Elixir: It is no longer possible using this item to keep the Old Hillsbrad human illusion outside of the instance.
- Paladin Healer Gladiator Sets: The set bonus changing Hammer of Justice cooldown has been changed to a set bonus increasing the amount healed by Holy Shock.
- Pendant of the Violet Eye: Paladin Judgment spells will again properly trigger this item.
- Players can now only carry 80 Conjured Manna Biscuits at a time.
- Primal Nether are no longer Bind on Pickup!
- PvP Relics: The bonus resilience from Idols, Librams, and Totems is no longer stackable by swapping between multiple relics.
- Resilience has been added to all Retribution Paladin PvP gear.
- Added Shattrath Flask of Pure Death and Shattrath Flask of Blinding Light to the reputation flask vendors in Shattrath.
- Shaman Elemental PvP Sets: The resistance on Lightning Bolt spell pushback has been reduced to 50%.
- Shaman PvP Boots: The pre-Burning Crusade bonus to increase Ghost Wolf speed no longer works for players over level 60.
- Shattrath Flasks now work inside the Sunwell Plateau raid instance.
- Skull of Gul’dan: This item now shares its cooldown with other similar trinkets.
- Steam Tonk Controller: This item can no longer trigger the Warrior talent Second Wind when it is driven out of range by the Warrior.
- The On Use effect has been properly changed to passive for the following items: Blue Overalls, Brantwood Sash, Firewalker Boots, Gloves of Kapelan, Hellion Boots, Hibernal Gloves, Hibernal Pants, Kimbra Boots, Mistscape Gloves, Nightsky Trousers, Sacred Burial Trousers, Turquoise Sash, and Woolen Boots, Spinesever.
- Tome of the Lightbringer: The block value and buff duration have been increased.
- Totem of the Pulsing Earth: The mana discount for Lightning Bolt has been increased slightly.
- Vengeful Gladiator’s Waraxe: The weapon delay has been reduced.
- Weightstones and Sharpening Stones: The bonus damage from these temporary enchantments now works while shapeshifted.
- Winterfall Firewater: The tooltip no longer specifies only melee attack power.
- The Interface Options screen has been completely redesigned. AddOns that interact with the Interface Options screen will need to be updated.
- Players will now be able to inspect other players via their chat link.
- Players may now inspect players of the opposing faction while they are not flagged for PvP.
- Combat Log Improvements
- New tabs are available for sorting combat messages.
- ctrl-right clicking functionality has been added for individual information sorting
- Colors may now be assigned for friends and enemies
- The WoWCombatLog.txt file format has been changed to make it easier for programs to read.
- The ability to chat-link player spells and talents.
- Cast sequences work with slot numbers again.
- GM messages now appear with a Blizzard icon near their name.
- You can now declare war on a faction in the reputation UI while you are in combat.
- Spell haste and Armor Penetration will now display on the character sheet. (Armor Penetration displays in the hit rating section). Spell Penetration now displays under the spell hit section.
- Weapon enchants are now shown at the character selection screen.
- The friends list now has a notes field per friend. Click on the note icon to add a note for a particular friend.
- There is now a UI option to display free bag space. When turned on, your backpack will display the total number of free spaces available in all your bags.
- You can now link quests into the chat log by Shift-Clicking on the quest name in the quest log.
- Merchants now display how many pages of merchandise they sell (Page 1 of 2).
- Guild Bank Changes
- Ranks can now be set to allow withdraw of funds or allow repair with funds or both.
- When purchasing a bank tab, it takes money out of the guild bank before it takes your personal money. This is logged as well.
- Each Tab now has an info pane. This pane can be used for requests or for rules about the tab or anything at all really.
- When looting Bind on Pickup items, the confirmation dialogue now lists the name of the item in the dialogue. You can now verify that you are picking up the correct bind on pickup item.
- Bind on Pickup items that only you can pick up (Heroic Badges for instance) will no longer bring up a confirmation dialogue.
- Players can now opt out of looting for group loot, round robin and need before greed looting styles. If a player turns this on, they will not get a looting turn in the loot cycle. This can be turned on from the right-click menu on your own portrait.
- In Master Loot mode, all players in the group will see sparkles on corpses that have loot above the master loot threshold. This lets everyone see what the master loot items are, though they cannot interact with them. Only the master looter can loot those items still.
- Searching for an item in the tradeskill search box should now hide empty categories.
- The names over the heads of nearby players who are on your friends list will appear in a different color now so you can tell when they are nearby.
- Stacked items for sale at the auction house now display the per unit price and per unit buyout price in the item mouseover.
- The profession UI search field has been improved and now allows for searching of more types of things. For instance you can search for items by socket color, by effect ("Critical Strike" for instance) or search gems by their effect ("Strength" for instance). In addition, the searching of items by level has been made more intuitive. You can now search for items by level with "15-20" to search for items that you can make that have a minimum level required of 15 to 20.
- The Tooltip for player Dodge/Block/Parry in the character sheet has been changed slightly.
- Optimized particle system rendering for improved frame rates.
- The casting bar will now display properly when casting Blizzard (mage) or Rain of Fire (warlock) with spell haste.
- For additional notes on Lua and XML changes please visit the UI & Macros Forum.
- Alterac Valley, Arathi Basin, Warsong Gulch, Blade’s Edge Arena, Lordaeron Arena, and Nagrand Arena: Players who fall below the world in these environments will now die instead of being stuck.
- Creature versions of Intimidating Shout have been changed to Frightening Shout, and the primary target of the ability is now feared instead of stunned.
- Critters: Ambient level 1 creatures will no longer be picked as subsequent targets by chaining spells and abilities.
- Doomwalker: This creature will no longer sometimes cause a player’s Darkmoon Card: Vengeance to trigger and put the player in combat with the Doomwalker.
- Elites in Blade’s Edge Plateau Regions: These creatures now have an increased chance to drop rare depleted items.
- Eye of Culuthas and Hound of Culuthas now drop grey loot.
- Goreclaw the Ravenous can now be skinned.
- Interacting with objects (chests, mining nodes, herbs) should no longer aggro neutral creatures.
- Monstrous Kaliri have learned how to chase players going straight up.
- Shardtooth Mauler: This creature now drops meat like other bears.
- Outland Rare Spawn
- The following creatures have had their hit points and damage significantly reduced: Collidus the Warp-Watcher, Fulgorge, Hemathion, Kraator, Marticar, Morcrush, and Nuramoc
- The Ratchet bank now has access to the Guild Vault.
- A mailbox has been added to the inn in Darnassus.
- Fixed an error that was causing many auctions to never complete due to the item no longer being on the auction house.
- Splintertree Raiders will now respawn with Torek if Duriel Moonfire and her guards are killed while the Raiders are still alive.
- Female Draenei can no longer become stuck under a root in the tunnels leading to Blackfathom Deeps, Ashenvale.
- The quest description text for "The Corpulent One" no longer refers to it being a group quest.
- Saber/Tiger Mounts will now make footprints when walking backwards in snow.
- Ogri'la Peacekeeper's weapons have been scaled to a size more appropriate for keeping the peace.
- Unplugging speakers/headphones during the opening cinematic will no longer freeze the cinematic until canceled.
- Pets are now able to properly attack mobs near the walls on the ramps in Zul'Aman, Bear Wing.
- The flag on the battle map in Eye of the Storm will no longer show up as Horde controlled even if an alliance player has picked it up.
- Channeling spells will no longer continue to show the channeling bar after zoning into arena battlegrounds.
- Blood Elf corpses now properly have loot in Alterac Valley battlegrounds.
- Snake Trap will no longer affect non-combat flagged players.
- Leaving a 2v2 arena team and creating a new 2v2 team while on a 3v3 arena team will no longer result in incorrect rosters listed for each team.
- Joining a second arena match before a previous arena has closed will no longer result in personal rating not updating correctly.
- Attempting to promote an arena team member to Team Captain while that member is offline will no longer result in a "Player not found" error.
- Disbanding an arena team while inside an arena battle will no longer cause the arena UI to become corrupted until logout.
- The Arena Team Petition Window will now automatically close when the Arena Captain is out of range or offline.
- Switching arena teams after playing a game will no longer cause the PvP tab to incorrectly display your old team's rating.
- There is now a chat message given after attaining a new title.
- Spells that require targeting circles will now be castable on textures that would previously disallow their use.
- Alterac Valley quests will now properly show a golden ! or blue ? for players above level 65.
- Nazan in Hellfire Citadel: Nazan will no longer sometimes not land on the ground until after Vazruden the Herald is killed or Nazan is heavily damaged.
- Archimonde's Grip of the Legion will no longer target pets.
- It is no longer possible to be saved to a Heroic instance while not meeting the requirements to get into it.
- There is no longer an area in Serpentine Cavern where using Field Repair Bot 74A will cause it to fall through the ground.
- There is no longer an area in Coilfang Steamvaults where ground targeting AOE effects cannot be cast.
- The proc from Black Bow of the Betrayer will no longer break crowd control effects such as Scatter Shot.
- Vengeful Gladiator's Mooncloth Hood and Vengeful Gladiator's Satin Hood will now display Troll Tusks.
- Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury will now display its bow animations correctly.
- The Legion Ring boundary markers no longer occasionally disappear.
- Monthly quests will now properly reset at midnight server time.
- Fixed an area in Netherwing Fields in Shadowmoon Valley where players on flying mounts could be dismounted and were unable to mount.
- It is no longer possible for players to use guild banks in opposing faction cities.
- The Clockwork Rocket Bot can no longer be buffed.
- Players with moderator status in custom channels will now properly lose moderator status when kicked by the channel owner.
- Sending mail to a non-existent character will now result in players getting the message, “Cannot find mail recipient”.
- Zeppelin Master Zapetta will no longer become confused about whether the zeppelin in Orgrimmar is arriving or leaving.
Thursday, 20 March 2008
Anyone who took mining already knows how much money you can make just by grinding and selling on the auction house. For those who took jewel crafting though you really are in the money.
Prospecting uses five pieces of ore (Equivalent to 2.5 fel iron bars) and returns a gem. For the most part you will get stacks of green gems, however there is a 5-10% chance that a rare blue gem will drop. While this is a matter of luck you can lose a little money or make upwards of 300g from a stack. The gems you want to look out for are Nightseye, Noble Topaz, Dawnstone, Star of Elune and Living Ruby, all of which sell for huge amounts on the auction house!
Occasionally items such as thorium drop in price, these old world ores can turn out gems such as the azerothian diamond which are worth a lot!
Monday, 17 March 2008
Its not often that I feel compelled to promote a particular product. My affiliate links are Amazon based, none biased and pretty much just a virtual store so people can help support my site by purchasing what they want.
However on this occasion I was sent a copy of Team iDemise's 1-70 Levelling Guide. For those of you who do not know this, Team iDemise or one of the worlds few corporate sponsered Gaming Teams. With multiple cash prize winnings and titles under their belts in everything from Counterstrike Source to Quake, these guys finaly took it upon themselves to try a different game. Namely World of Warcraft.
Idemise have not just cobbeld together an ebook for their guide, they have made sure everything is integrated into WoW with their very own addon.
This addon has step by step instructions and locations pinpointed so you know exactly where to go and what to do. More importantly by following this guide you will know what to avoid and what you should be killing!
If you want to find out more about this ingame levelling guide jsut look Here!
Monday, 10 March 2008
Mining is one of the more basic resource gathering skills in World of Warcraft. It requires a lot of grinding, a lot of time, but in the end you will have a lot of stacks of materials which regularly go for huge amounts on the auction house.
Mining has always been one of my favorite ways of making money, and helped me get the epic flying mount which is oh so beautiful to use in the outlands. While the grind can, and will, be tedious the financial reward of a bag full of gold can be more than worth it.
Some ores, even copper, are readily available, and yet still many people would rather just buy a few stacks off the auction house than spend ten minutes grinding. This gives the rest of us a fatastic opportunity to make some cold hard gold in World of Warcraft.
Firstly, this isnt a long or complicated guide. A lot of it is so basic most peolpe do it automatically.
Look on the auction house, see what is selling for a lot, figure out how easy it is to grind, go grind a lot of it, sell it high. The basic principals are all there.
There are several small things when choosing which minerals to mine in WoW, all of them fairly simple
Iron ore might be going for twice as much as copper, but Iron takes at least 4 times longer to grind. It is therefore so much easier to grind copper and make twice as much than if you had tried to do the same with Iron.
Rarer ores, such as Thorium, Tend to go for a huge amount on the auction house. These can be very lucrative, but time consuming, to gather.
When you hit the outlands you may find there is a bit less money in mining. Due to the influx of people grinding some of these ores prices are very cheap. It is not all bad though, if you take jewel crafting as your secondary profession you can prospect ores, which can give you high quality gems from your ore.
Mining is without a doubt one of the highest, most gaurenteed ways, of making huge amounts of money in world of warcraft. You may need to spend some tmie getting there but anyone, no matter what their skill can make gold by the thousands by mining in world fo warcraft.
Friday, 7 March 2008
Whatever race you are and whatever class you play you will at some point need to grind some gold to progress in the game. If you are raiding in WoW you may find that on progression instances, where wipes are common, you end up spending huge amounts on repairs, flasks, elixirs, food and buffing mats
So how can you make gold in World of Warcraft?
There are a few different ways, all of them have their pros and cons.
Grinding, the most common way of making money is grinding. Whether it is for netherweave cloth, primals (Primal earth, air, fire, water, mana, life and shadow, although some are worth more than others!)
Grinding is pretty much guaranteed to make you gold, at a speed dependant on the skill of your toon, it is however very boring and very repetitive. Grinding can be done in many places, I prefer Nagrand, For the elemental plateau, the lake below it for motes and the warmaul ogres for their netherweave!
Auction House Trading. Playing the action house game is a risky, but lucrative way of making money. Buy low, sell high. Search for things you think are under priced and sell them on for a massive profit. You can make big money doing this, the downside is you can easily lose the gold as well as earn it!
Using your Professions. By the time you have hit 70 you should have two high level professions under your belt. Some of them are fantastic for making money, others less so.
- A great way of making easy money, personally I find Healing Elixirs, Mana pots and Tanking Elixirs sell well. DPS items seem less popular, since DPS do not personally take responsibility for their actions as easily as healers or tanks they are much less likely to stock up on expensive raiding mats when they can just as easily coast through an instance.
- Another great way to make cash, though more by disenchanting than enchanting itself. Enchanting mats are worth a lot of money, and picking up greens in instances can net you a fortune in gold
- Engineering used to be the worst profession for making money, however recently they have brought out a mote extracting device, using this in conjunction with a helmet that lets you see 'clouds' from which you can extract numerous motes is an amazing way of making cash, especially for those with epic flying mounts.
Gathering professions inherently bring in money, you can make a lot for this simply by gathering what is lacking on the auction house and selling at massively inflated prices. However it is also quite boring, and requires you to keep an eye on the minimap as opposed to simply grinding by killing all the mobs around you.
Fairly useful for yourself, but not so much for the making money. There are however some fantastic patterns that drop endgame, these can bring in some massive sales, with some epic patterns making items that can sell for 1-3 thousand gold, though much of that is in the price of materials.
Yep that's right, running the instances in normal mode may only net you a little reputation, but with a high drop rate of greens and blues you can make a lot of money here, especially if you have an enchanter to turn some of those blues into large prismatic shards (Sell for around 30g pre patch 2.4, expected to drop by a huge amount afterwards!)
As I have mentioned in a previous post, gold is the cornerstone of the world of warcraft economy. Not only do you need it to progress, but you will constantly find yourself spending money on materials, items for raids and so forth.
My main character is a herbalist and an alchemist, a perfect match for making money, a gathering profession with nearly the only WoW profession that gives a wide range of regularly used consumables. This gives fantastic opportunities for making some gold, whether you need it to support raid progression, or just to get that flying mount you have been lusting after.
Easy, if mind numbingly boring, this is a guaranteed way of making money. Alchemy mats are constantly being bought, and herbs can be found in abundance in most outland areas.
There is no real 'money making' herb, instead simply look for a few different herbs and go to gather those which are most expensive!
You can find different herbs in different locations,
(List to come shortly)
Making money from alchemy is a different story, and requires a pretty large amount of patience. I find Super Mana Pots to be a lucrative source of gold in WoW, however if there is a lot of competition at the time I can struggle to break even.
Elixirs of Healing Power can also be a good source of gold, they require expensive mats but can sometimes sell for twice what it costs to make them. If mats for items are going for a huge amount on the auction house you may want to consider grinding the mats rather than buying them, it may take a bit longer but can net you a healthy profit!
Of course these examples are purely from personal experience, I also find tanking elixirs, flasks and potions also sell well. Though the profit tends to be smaller as mats are more expensive (Poor tanks)
It does seem best to avoid DPS flasks and elixirs. While there are some great things out there for DPS they have a tendency to avoid the expense, after all you can berate a tank or a healer for not having every buff up, but can you shout at a hunter who doesn't have one yet beats some of the poorer players in the group?
Of course all DPS should be using flasks and elixirs for that one last boost, it rarely seems to happen outside of high-end, good guilded raids though.
Making money from these professions is largely a matter of intuition and experience. There is no guide out there that can say 'grind this' 'make that' 'sell at this price' because the market for herbs and pots is one of the most flexible in game.
At some times you will find Golden Sansam, a rather low level herb, selling for upwards of 35g a stack, and dreaming glory going for as little as 7g, the trick is simply to stock up while things are cheap and sell while they are expensive. Sometimes you may find yourselves buying herbs at a cheap price and selling them a few days later. Remember to look at the cost of mats and pots on the AH, if it is more profitable to sell your materials separately you might as well do it. Each stack of potions instantly has the 1.75g imbued vial cost as well as the auction house cut to contend with!
After several weeks of playing the auction house you should be more than capable of making informed decision on what to buy, what to sell and more importantly what to make.
As a final point a great bonus of high level alchemy is speccing into a particular branch of alchemy, these are
Taking any of these will give you around a ten percent chance of proccing an extra 1-4 of whatever you are making.
I do not suggest making a transmute master. Because you can only transmute once every 23 hours you are literally gimping yourself to one proc every ten days.
Potions mastery and elixir mastery are great options for money making, both proc regularly and you can make hundreds of potions in one day.
If you wish to unlearn your alchemy specialisation and respec into a new branch of alchemy (Ie unlearn transmute mastery and learn potions mastery) you simply have to go to the person who taught you the mastery of your spec and ask him to release you from it. This WILL cost you 150g
Ignore the people who tell you to go to a specific person whatever spec, you do have to visit the person who trains your specific alchemy mastery. These guys are
Transmute Master - Zarevhi at Stormspire in Netherstorm
Elixir Master - Lorokeem At the Lower City in Shattrath
Potions Master - Lauranna Thar'well in the Cenarion Expedition in Zangermarsh
To learn a new specialisation simply got the Master trainer you require and he will teach you his mastery, you will NOT need to do their quest.